On June 18, 2022, powerlifter Mahailya Reeves (+84kg) accomplished a bench press of 165 kilograms (363.8 kilos) through the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Classic (Raw) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Master Nationals in Orlando, FL. Reeves’ bench press determine is an unofficial International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Open World Record. It helped her finally attain the AMP Sub-Junior National Title within the 84-kilogram-plus division.
Reeves wore only a lifting belt on each her prime squat and deadlift reps. She wore no extra tools for her prime bench press. Here are the athlete’s prime stats on these lifts from the competition:
Mahailya Reeves (+84KG) | 2022 AMP Classic (Raw) Sub-Junior Nationals Top Stats
- Squat — 225 kilograms (496 kilos)
- Bench Press — 165 kilograms (363.8 kilos) | Unofficial +84KG IPF Open World Record
- Deadlift — 220 kilograms (485 kilos)
- Total — 610 kilograms (1,344.8 kilos)
[Related: How To Build Muscle: The Training And Diet Guide For Beginners And Advanced Lifters]
While the AMP has an affiliation with the IPF, it isn’t a world contest. That explains why Reeves — together with her 165-kilogram (363.8-pound) bench press — doesn’t possess the official 84-kilogram-plus World Record. That mark nonetheless belongs to France’s Amélie Mierger.
Among a litany of noteworthy performances from different athletes on the 2022 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships, Mierger broke the 84-kilogram-plus World Record with a bench press of 163 kilograms (359.3 kilos)
Notably, previously, Reeves has achieved higher numbers on her squat, bench press, and complete, respectively. Here are the athlete’s prime all-time competitors private information (PR):
Mahailya Reeves | All-Time Competition PRs
- Squat — 245 kilograms (540.1 kilos) | 2019 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Raw Nationals
- Bench Press — 172.3 kilograms (380 kilos) | 2022 Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Class 1A Region 2 Meet
- Deadlift — 220 kilograms (485 kilos) | 2022 AMP Classic (Raw) Sub-Junior Nationals
- Total — 612.5 kilograms (1,350.3 kilos) | 2019 USAPL Raw Nationals
[Related: Learn How To Build Strength With Three Key Principles]
Reeves at a Glance
The ultimate outcome on the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Classic (Raw) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Master Nationals gave Reeves her first win in a Nationals competitors since 2019. Throughout her aggressive profession that started in January 2018, the American athlete has missed the rostrum simply as soon as.
Here’s a rundown of a few of Reeves’ extra noteworthy competitors outcomes to this point:
Mahailya Reeves | Noteworthy Career Results
- 2019 FHSAA Florida State Finals (Raw) — First place
- 2019 USAPL Southeast Regionals (Raw) — First place
- *2019 USAPL Raw Nationals (Raw; Teenager) — First place
- 2020 FHSAA Girls Weightlifting State Championships (Raw) — First place
- 2021 USAPL third Annual Ocala Open Super Total X3 Championships (Raw) — First place
- 2022 FHSAA Class 1A Region 2 Meet (Raw) — First place
- 2022 FHSAA Girls Weightlifting State Championships (Raw) — First place
- 2022 AMP Classic Sub-Junior Nationals (Raw) — First place
*Reeves additionally competed within the Open on the 2019 USAPL Raw Nationals, the place she attained third place.
[Related: Why You Should Be Greasing The Groove During Your Workouts]
At the time of this writing, Reeves has not confirmed her subsequent competitors. Much of her current posts on her social media have understandably centered across the 2022 AMP Sub-Junior Nationals contest. With Reeves exceeding the bench press World Record twice now, she may subsequent plan to function on a world sanctioned lifting platform to make the determine official.
Given her total power and bench press prowess, it’s doubtless solely a matter of time earlier than Reeves makes waves once more.
Featured picture: @powerlifting_america on Instagram