On June 11, 2022, powerlifter Max Shethar (140KG) deadlifted 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) throughout the 2022 United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Matt Hurley Drug Tested Memorial Meet in Helena, MT. The pull from a traditional stance — the place Shethar wore a lifting belt — is a new World Record for the Teen 18-19 division and is the heaviest-ever deadlift achieved by a 19-year-old, per Open Powerlifting.
In addition to his new file deadlift, Shethar’s closing complete of 907.2 kilograms (2,000 kilos) is a new World Record for the Teen 18-19 division. Shethar owned the earlier high determine when he notched an 882.5-kilogram (1,945.6-pound) complete on the 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II.
[Related: How To Build Muscle: The Training And Diet Guide For Beginners And Advanced Lifters]
Here are Shethar’s high stats from the competitors:
Max Shethar (140KG) | 2022 USPA Matt Hurley Drug Tested Memorial Meet Top Stats
- Squat — 334.7 kilograms (738 kilos) | Personal Record (PR)
- Bench Press — 207.3 kilograms (457 kilos) | PR
- Deadlift — 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) | World Record (Teen 18-19 division)
- Total — 907.2 kilograms (2,000 kilos) | World Record (Teen 18-19 division)
Shethar is accustomed to breaking information on sanctioned platforms and lifting staggering weights throughout coaching classes. In May 2018, when Shethar was 15-years-old, he squatted 260 kilograms (575 kilos). Then, in October 2019, he was the youngest athlete ever to deadlift 327.5 kilograms (722 kilos). Finally, in May 2020, at 17, Shethar captured a 283.5-kilogram (625-pound) deadlift double PR.
The Pacific Northwest native’s energy has solely continued to enhance since then. According to the caption of Shethar’s deadlift submit on his Instagram, his latest pull is a new PR by roughly 33 kilos. That assertion provides up as he pulled 350 kilograms (771.6 kilos) on the 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II.
About Max Shethar
Despite his youth, Shethar has already constructed fairly the resume for a younger powerlifter. In seven profession competitions, he’s undefeated, ending in first place in each occasion. Here’s Shethar’s full catalog of outcomes so far:
Max Shethar | Complete Career Results
- 2017 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Washington State Championships (93KG) — First place | Teen 1 division
- 2018 USAPL Washington State Championships (125KG) — First place | Teen 1 division
- 2018 USAPL Raw Nationals (125KG)— First place | Teen 2 division
- 2019 USPA Drug Tested Washington State Open (140KG) — First place | Teen 16-17 division
- 2021 USPA Ragnarok Invite II (140KG) — First place | Open
- 2022 Big Iron Classic State Championships (140KG) — First place | Open
- 2022 USPA Matt Hurley Drug Tested Memorial Meet (140KG) — First place | Teen 18-19 division
[Related: Powerlifter Tiffany Chapon (47KG) Breaks 3 World Records At 2022 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships]
At the time of this writing, Shethar has not introduced his subsequent competitors. Whenever that contest comes, it appears doubtless he’ll proceed to scribble his identify all around the file books.
Featured picture: @the_one_rep_max on Instagram