Trey Mitchell is the champion of the 2022 Shaw Classic. On Aug. 13-14, 2022, the American strongman efficiently made it back-to-back years (2021-22) because the winner of the energy contest.
Joining Mitchell on the rostrum in Loveland, CO have been competitors organizer Brian Shaw and Mitchell Hooper in second and third place, respectively. It is Shaw’s second consecutive end in second place after profitable the inaugural contest in 2020. Meanwhile, after stable performances within the Giants Live Strongman Classic and Giants Live World Open, Hooper continues a formidable string of performances with a 3rd straight podium end in a significant strongman competitors.
Here are the ultimate standings from this 12 months’s Shaw Classic:
2022 Shaw Classic Results
- Trey Mitchell — 100.5 factors | Repeat Champion (2021-2022)
- Brian Shaw — 99.5 factors
- Mitchell Hooper — 95 factors
- Oleksii Novikov — 79 factors
- Maxime Boudreault — 69.5 factors
- Kevin Faires — 68 factors
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 67 factors
- Evan Singleton — 60.5 factors
- Konstantine Janashia — 52 factors
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 48.5 factors
- Bobby Thompson — 42 factors (withdrew)
- Gabriel Peña — 39 factors
- Gabriel Rheaume — 36.5 factors
- Jerry Pritchett — 28 factors
- Luke Stoltman — One level (withdrew)
Check out an event-by-event breakdown under.
[Related: The Best Sled Workouts for Muscle, Strength, Fat Loss, and Recovery]
Here’s a brief recap of how the respective strongmen fared in every of the 2022 Shaw Classic’s occasions.
Hummer Tire Deadlift
The Hummer Tire Deadlift opened the competition. During this max rep occasion, former 2020 World’s Strongest Man (WSM) Champion Oleksii Novikov efficiently pulled 549 kilograms (1,210 kilos) to win and set a brand new World Record. Gabriel Peña adopted at 522 kilograms (1,150.8 kilos) and was the one different athlete to deadlift a minimum of 500 kilograms. A stable 499 kilograms (1,100.1 kilos) gave Mitchell third place.
- Oleksii Novikov — 549 kilograms (1,210.3 kilos)
- Gabriel Peña — 522 kilograms (1,150.8 kilos)
- Trey Mitchell — 499 kilograms (1,100.1 kilos)
- Mitchell Hooper — 476 kilograms (1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Bobby Thompson — 476 kilograms(1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Konstantine Janashia — 476 kilograms | Tied for fifth
- Brain Shaw— 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Kevin Faires — 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Evan Singleton — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos)
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Gabriel Rheaume — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Jerry Pritchett — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Maxime Boudreault — No try
- Luke Stoltman — No try
Bag Over Bar
In the Bag Over Bar, the athletes needed to toss eight luggage, starting from 22 to 29 kilograms (48.5 to 63.9 kilos), over a 15-foot bar. Speed was the tiebreaker if anybody threw the identical variety of luggage. Trey Mitchell (first place) and Brian Shaw (second place) have been the one two rivals to toss all eight luggage — Mitchell received with the quicker time.
- Trey Mitchell — Eight luggage in 47.4 seconds
- Brian Shaw — Eight luggage in 51.12 seconds
- Maxime Boudreault — Seven luggage
- Aivars Smaukstelis — Six luggage
- Oleksii Novikov — Six luggage
- Bobby Thompson — Six luggage
- Konstantine Janashia — Six luggage
- Evan Singleton — Five luggage
- Mitchell Hooper — Five luggage
- Gabriel Peña — Four luggage
- Žydrūnas Savickas — Three luggage
- Jerry Pritchett — Three luggage
- Kevin Faires — Two luggage
- Gabriel Rheaume — Two luggage
- Luke Stoltman — Two luggage
On the third occasion of Day One, the yoke weighed 506 kilograms (1,117 kilos). The strongman needed to carry it 60 meters within the quickest attainable time. Hooper strode forward of the sector, beating second-place finisher Konstantine Janashia by over 4 seconds.
- Mitchell Hooper — 11.06 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — 15.67 seconds
- Oleksii Novikov — 16.49 seconds
- Trey Mitchell — 17.07 seconds
- Evan Singleton — 17.59 seconds
- Brian Shaw — 18.56 seconds
- Bobby Thompson — 18.59 seconds
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 22.4 seconds
- Kevin Faires — 22.7 seconds
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 27.1 seconds
- Jerry Pritchett — 27.2 seconds
- Maxime Boudreault — 43.21 seconds
- Gabriel Rheaume — No end
- Gabriel Peña — No end
*Note: Luke Stoltman withdrew after this occasion.
[Related: How to Do the Goblet Squat for Lower Body Size and Mobility]
Circus Dumbbell for Reps
During the Circus Dumbbell for Reps, athletes needed to raise the titular implement to their shoulder and overhead press it to an entire lockout. On an official’s sign, a competitor may drop the burden and begin the method anew. Whoever accomplished probably the most reps in 75 seconds could be the victor.
Eight reps for Novikov gave him the occasion victor. Mitchell (six) and Hooper (5) adopted behind.
- Oleksii Novikov — Eight reps
- Trey Mitchell — Six reps
- Mitchell Hooper — Five reps (Tied for third)
- Brian Shaw — Five reps (Tied for third)
- Bobby Thompson — Five reps (Tied third)
- Evan Singleton — Four reps (Tied for sixth)
- Aivars Smaukstelis — Three reps (Tied for seventh)
- Gabriel Rheaume — Three reps (Tied for seventh)
- Kevin Faires — Two reps (Tied for ninth)
- Maxime Boudreault — Two reps (Tied for ninth)
- Konstantine Janashia — Zero reps
- Gabriel Peña — No raise
- Žydrūnas Savickas — No raise
- Jerry Pritchett — No raise
Log Press Medley
To begin the second day of the competitors, rivals needed to push via the Log Press Medley. The athletes had the selection of their weight at 172, 186, and 200 kilograms (380, 410, and 440 kilos) and needed to carry out as many reps as they might inside a 90-second time restrict. Notably, those that lifted the next weight however with fewer reps had increased scores.
Mitchell efficiently labored his manner as much as the 200-kilogram (440-kilogram) log, and a double gave him the occasion victory. Shaw took second place by urgent 186 kilograms (410 kilos) for his personal double in second place, whereas Novikov, Boudreault, and Hooper every pressed that weight for one rep to tie for third.
- Trey Mitchell — 200 kilograms for 2 reps
- Brian Shaw — 186 kilograms for 2 reps
- Oleksii Novikov — 186 kilograms for one rep (Tied for third)
- Maxime Boudreault — 186 kilograms for one rep (Tied for third)
- Mitchell Hooper — 186 kilograms for one rep (Tied for third)
- Kevin Faires — 172 kilograms for 2 reps (Tied for sixth)
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 172 kilograms for 2 reps (Tied for sixth)
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 172 kilograms for 2 reps (Tied for sixth)
- Bobby Thompson — No Lift
- Evan Singleton — No Lift
- Gabriel Rheaume — No Lift
- Konstantine Janashia — No Lift
- Jerry Pritchett — No Lift
- Gabriel Peña — No Lift
*Note: Bobby Thompson withdrew after this occasion.
As the competition shifted to the Medley, there have been simply 13 rivals left within the subject. The athletes needed to carry a 363-kilogram (800-pound) body 60 toes after which carry out an arm-over-arm pull with a 318-kilogram (700-pound) implement. The time restrict was 75 seconds. In the occasion anybody didn’t end, the peak of the pull or distance for the carry decided the ultimate outcomes.
- Maxime Boudreault — 24.29 seconds
- Evan Singleton — 26.32 seconds
- Kevin Faires — 27.65 seconds
- Brian Shaw — 30.62 seconds
- Gabriel Rheaume — 37 seconds
- Mitchell Hooper — 39.68 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — 44.3 seconds
- Jerry Pritchett — No end
- Žydrūnas Savickas — No end
- Aivars Smaukstelis — No end
- Gabriel Peña — No end
- Trey Mitchell — No end
- Oleksii Novikov — No end
Maxime Boudreault received with a stellar time of 24.29 seconds. Evan Singleton (second in 26.32 seconds) and Kevin Faires (third in 27.65 seconds) have been the one different athletes to complete in lower than 30 seconds. The two general leaders, Mitchell and Novikov, have been the underside two on this occasion.
[Related: How to Do the Bulgarian Split Squat for Leg Size, Strength, and Mobility]
Car Leg Press
The Car Leg Press was one of many extra thrilling occasions for the rivals and followers alike. The weight of the automobile and sled had a complete of 839 kilograms (1,850 kilos). Whichever athlete may full probably the most reps earlier than failing or inside 90 seconds could be the winner.
- Brian Shaw — Eight reps
- Mitchell Hooper — Seven reps
- Trey Mitchell — Five reps
- Žydrūnas Savickas — Five reps (Tied for fourth)
- Kevin Faires — Four reps (Tied for fourth)
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — Three reps (Tied for sixth)
- Evan Singleton — Three reps (Tied for sixth)
- Maxime Boudreault — Two reps
- Oleksii Novikov — One rep
- Gabriel Rheaume — Zero reps (Tied for tenth)
- Konstantine Janashia — Zero reps (Tied for tenth)
- Jerry Pritchett — Zero reps (Tied for tenth)
- Gabriel Peña — Did Not Attempt
Shaw demonstrated his leg energy by profitable the occasion with eight reps. Hooper (seven) and Mitchell (5) rounded out the highest three.
As is a customized in lots of strongman competitions, the Atlas Stones have been the ultimate occasion and would decide the winner of the 2022 Shaw Classic. The 5 stones weighed between 159 to 204 kilograms (350 to 450 kilos). Competitors confronted one another on this head-to-head occasion with a time restrict of 60 seconds.
- Trey Mitchell — Five in 25.0 seconds
- Brian Shaw — Five in 29.2 seconds
- Mitchell Hooper — Five in 35.1 seconds
- Gabriel Peña — Five in 42.99 seconds
- Maxime Boudreault — Four in 17.3 seconds
- Kevin Faires — Four in 25.3 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — Four in 27.1 seconds
- Aivars Smaukstelis — Four in 34.7 seconds
- Gabriel Rheaume — Four in 41.8 seconds
- Jerry Pritchett — Three stones
- Žydrūnas Savickas — Three stones
- Oleksii Novikov — Three stones
- Evan Singleton — One stone
Mitchell and Shaw have been the ultimate pairing as Mitchell beat Shaw to the fifth stone by 4 seconds to win his second straight Shaw Classic title.
[Related: How to Do the Kettlebell Swing for Explosive Power, Strength, and Conditioning]
With this version of the Shaw Classic now within the rearview mirror, this is perhaps the final contest for a short while for a few of these rivals. In the meantime, somebody like Mitchell can bask within the glory of a second-straight win in what definitely appears to be a contest solely rising in additional status.
Featured picture: @berserkerlifter on Instagram