On June 18, 2022, powerlifter Dora Justice (57KG) scored a bench press of 72.5 kilograms (159.8 kilos) throughout the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Classic (Raw) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Master Nationals in Orlando, FL. Justice’s uncooked bench press mark is a brand new National Record within the Masters Tier 3 aggressive class.
The 64-year-old Justice’s show of chest energy on the bench press helped her finally attain second place in her division, as she additionally accomplished every of her 9 carry makes an attempt. Fellow Texan Lynne Homan took dwelling first place in Justice’s division.
[Related: How To Build Muscle: The Training And Diet Guide For Beginners And Advanced Lifters]
Justice at a Glance
Justice’s outcomes from the 2022 AMP Masters Nationals align with a lot of her aggressive profession. Here are her high stats from this contest:
Dora Justice | 2022 AMP Classic (Raw) Masters Nationals Top Stats
- Squat — 70 kilograms (154.3 kilos)
- Bench Press — 72.5 kilograms (159.8 kilos) | Masters Raw Tier 3 National Record
- Deadlift — 99.9 kilograms (220.4 kilos)
- Total — 242.5 kilograms (534.6 kilos)
Justice has featured as a aggressive powerlifter for practically twenty years, particularly in bench press contests. Her first-ever competitors was whereas lifting as a Masters 45-49 athlete throughout the 2003 World Powerlifting Federation (WPF) World Championships. At that point, Justice glided by the identify “Dora Puente.” According to Open Powerlifting, her aggressive identify shift occurred in May 2019.
Throughout her prolonged profession, Justice has maintained a sterling report, solely falling in need of first place in three situations. Here are a few of the extra noteworthy outcomes from her powerlifting resume:
Dora Justice | Noteworthy Career Results
- WPF World Championships (Single) — First place (2003, 2006; Masters 45-49) (2008; Masters 50-54)
- 2007 WPF World Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place | Masters 50-54
- 2009 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) North American Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place | Masters 2
- 2011 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Longhorn Open (Raw) — First place | Masters 2
- 2012 USAPL State Championships (Raw) — First place | Masters 2
- 2017 NAPF North American Bench Press Championships (Single) — First place
- 2019 International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Bench Press Championships (Raw) — Second place | Masters 3 and Open
- 2019 USAPL Bench Nationals (Raw and Single) — First place
- 2020 USAPL Iron Wars (Raw) — First place | Masters 3
- 2020 USAPL Winter War of Waco (Single) — First place | Masters
- 2021 USAPL Raw and Equipped Bench Nationals — First place | Masters 3
- 2022 AMP Bench Press Nationals (Raw and Single) — First place | Masters 3
- 2022 AMP Masters Nationals (Raw) — Second place | Masters 3
[Related: The Best Bodyweight Workouts For Muscle, Strength, Conditioning, And More]
At the time of this writing, Justice has not confirmed when her subsequent competitors might be. Though, in line with the Powerlifting America Instagram feed, Justice was an viewers favourite due to her vitality earlier than and after lifts. Given Justice’s evident pleasure for her craft in thoughts, it appears doubtless the Masters powerlifter might be smiling and locking out large weight on a sanctioned platform once more quickly.
Featured picture: powerlifting_america on Instagram