The Silver Dollar deadlift but once more has a brand new prime canine. On May 1, 2022, Ben Thompson pulled a 557.2-kilogram (1,272.5-pound) Silver Dollar deadlift through the 2022 World Deadlift Council (WDC) World Silver Dollar Championships in Paisley, Scotland. Thompson’s determine was sufficient to notch the general victory and the brand new all-time Silver Dollar deadlift world document. A Silver Dollar deadlift is a partial deadlift the place the barbell stands on prime of 18-inch platforms.
Given that this was an online-only competitors, Thompson shared his end result with footage of the feat every week upfront earlier than the ultimate deadline. The World Deadlift Council (WDC) tabulated the ultimate outcomes — with Thompson on prime — on Sunday, May 8, 2022.
“We have to wait until next Sunday for results but I think with a number like this, you can guess how defending the title of ‘silver dollar deadlift world champion’ went.”
Thompson’s elite Silver Dollar mark surpasses the earlier prime quantity by 17.2 kilograms (37.9 kilos). He tops Sean Hayes, who pulled 560 kilograms (1,235 kilos) through the 2022 Strongman Corporation Canada King & Queen Of The Throne in early April 2022. Hayes exceeded that weight by a tenth of a kilogram through the WDC competitors, but it surely in the end didn’t maintain due to Thompson’s lofty energy achievement.
Both Thompson and Hayes wore lifting belts and wrist wraps for his or her respective pulls. However, Hayes was barefoot, whereas Thompson wore a deadlift swimsuit and was in his socks. He additionally used an overhand grip. The two didn’t share their physique weights for the respective pulls.
Note: Thompson listed his pull as 1,270 kilos whereas the WDC certified it as 1,275.2 kilos.
[Related: How To Do The Deadlift For Strength And Muscle]
Here are the person top-10 outcomes from the competitors, which was Open. While Thompson’s document sits comfortably in first total for the Men, there have been just a few different noteworthy marks by division and sophistication:
2022 WSDC | Male Open
- Ben Thompson — 577.2 kilograms (1,272.5 kilos) | World Champion | Overall World Record
- Sean Hayes — 560 kilograms (1,234.6 kilos)
- Jason P. Kohler — 558.4 kilograms (1,231 kilos) | Masters 40+ World Record & 115 KG World Record
- Adam Colorado — 556 kilograms (1,225.8 kilos)
- Darryl Burns — 461.30 kilograms (1,017 kilos)
- Tyson R. Delay — 457.22 kilograms (1,008 kilos) | 90KG World Record
- Kirk Ondracek — 426.76 kilograms (940.8 kilos)
- Blair Clow — 424.11 kilograms (935 kilos)
- Ulice Payne — 408.7 kilograms (901 kilos)
- Shawn Pope — 406 kilograms (895.1 kilos) | U23 World Record & 100KG World Record
Here are the outcomes for the ladies’s portion of the competitors. Gemma Black’s (92KG) world document Silver Dollar deadlift pull of 320 kilograms (705.5 kilos) stands on prime:
2022 WSDC | Female Open
- Gemma Black — 320 kilograms (705.5 kilos) | World Champion | 92KG World Record
- Ann Struthers — 260 kilograms (573.2 kilos)
- Angela Abrue — 211.4 kilograms (466 kilos)
- Kirsty Kussatz — 211.4 kilograms (466 kilos)
- Viki Davis — 210 kilograms (463 kilos)
- Lisa Fahy — 181.9 kilograms (401 kilos)
- Lauren McDonaugh — 180 kilograms (396.8 kilos)
- Zoe Kate McCarney — 180 kilograms (396.8 kilos)
- Amy McClellan — 170 kilograms (374.8 kilos)
- Courtney Okerstom — 125.2 kilograms (276 kilos)
[Related: Powerlifter Krzysztof Wierzbicki Records 502.5-Kilogram Deadlift (1,107 Pounds), The Heaviest Deadlift In History]
Worth the Price
Breaking the Silver Dollar deadlift world document aligns with Thompson’s earlier expectations. The competitor entered the 2022 WSDC because the defending champion, probably realizing he’d need to blow by any of his earlier stats to have an opportunity even to repeat.
With no different recorded skilled competitions, Thompson seems to concentrate on his work with the Silver Dollar deadlift solely. His Instagram is rife with movies of him coaching the motion from the motion’s common 18-inch platforms on a constant foundation.
It definitely appears that ambition has paid off. The Canadian athlete can now stand as a reigning two-time Silver Dollar Champion and is the only proprietor of the general Silver Dollar world document.
Featured picture: @tbaydeadliftking on Instagram