On August 12, strongman Oleksii Novikov accomplished a 549-kilogram (1,210-pound) Hummer Tire Deadlift through the 2022 Shaw Classic in Loveland, CO. Not solely did the staggering pull give Novikov the person occasion win, nevertheless it additionally gave him the brand new World Record by 3.62 kilograms (eight kilos).
The Ukrainian athlete used a lifting belt and lifting straps to assist him obtain the document. He could have additionally worn a lifting go well with, however it’s unclear if he wore that beneath his aggressive outfit. Novikov finally completed fourth general to two-time defending champion Trey Mitchell, runner-up Brian Shaw, and bronze medalist Mitchell Hooper.
J.F. Caron held the earlier World Record together with his Hummer Tire Deadlift of 545 kilograms (1,202 kilos) on the 2020 Shaw Classic. Check out a clip of Novikov’s staggering feat under, courtesy of the Instagram profile of Julian Howard (@worldsstrongestfan):
[Related: How to Do the Bulgarian Split Squat for Leg Size, Strength, and Mobility]
The Hummer Tire Deadlift was the primary occasion of the 2022 Shaw Classic. It is taken into account a partial deadlift in strongman contests, that means it’s a substitute for a partial deadlift or silver greenback deadlift occasion.
Competition organizer Brian Shaw has featured the Hummer Tire deadlift in any respect three editions of the Shaw Classic. It was beforehand a staple occasion on the annual Arnold Strongman Classic. The diameter of the tires and flex of the bar as an athlete makes an attempt to lock out their weight could make it a problem.
As a max one-rep occasion, whichever athlete pulled essentially the most weight on the Hummer Tire Deadlift was the victor. With his pull of 549 kilograms (1,210 kilos), Novikov paced forward of your entire subject, together with second-place finisher Gabriel Peña, by an astonishing 27 kilograms (59.5 kilos).
Here are the whole outcomes of the Hummer Tire Deadlift from the 2022 Shaw Classic:
2022 Shaw Classic | Hummer Tire Deadlift Results
- Oleksii Novikov — 549 kilograms (1,210.3 kilos) | New World Record
- Gabriel Peña — 522 kilograms (1,150.8 kilos)
- Trey Mitchell — 499 kilograms (1,100.1 kilos)
- Mitchell Hooper — 476 kilograms (1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Bobby Thompson — 476 kilograms(1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Konstantine Janashia — 476 kilograms | Tied for fifth
- Brain Shaw— 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Kevin Faires — 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Evan Singleton — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos)
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Gabriel Rheaume — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Jerry Pritchett — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Maxime Boudreault — No try
- Luke Stoltman — No try
Notably, Novikov and Peña had been the one two rivals to drag not less than 500 kilograms (1,102.3 kilos) efficiently.
[Related: How to Do the Goblet Squat for Lower Body Size and Mobility]
A Productive Run
Novikov’s new World Record on the Hummer Tire Deadlift is simply the most recent in a lately productive stretch for the proficient strongman.
Among the extra noteworthy achievements, the 26-year-old gained his first Europe’s Strongest Man (ESM) title in April 2022. In late May 2022, he took residence third place within the 2022 World’s Strongest Man (WSM) — a title he gained in 2020. Then, in early July 2022, the Ukrainian competitor made it back-to-back wins on the Giants Live Strongman Classic. Per Strongman Archives, Novikov has stood on a podium in 12 straight competitions relationship again to July 2021.
At this level, no matter contest or impediment, it appears evident that Novikov will normally carry excellence to the desk.
Featured picture: @worldsstrongestfan on Instagram