Johnson can fortunately go away Denmark having made historical past.
Gregory Johnson has been a relative mainstay on the annual International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Equipped Open Powerlifting Championships for a short time now. Since 2015, the powerlifter has participated in three of those respective outfitted IPF contests (2015, 2017, 2021), notching his best-ever results of sixth place on the 2021 iteration. After rewriting the report books on the newest version, he might have lifted his debatable energy magnum opus.
During the 2022 IPF Equipped World Championships on Nov. 16, 2022, in Viborg, Denmark, Johnson captured an outfitted World Record deadlift of 371.5 kilograms (819 kilos) within the 93-kilogram weight class. (Note: As the competitors continues to be underway on the time of this writing, it’s unclear the place Johnson completed in his division.)
More from Breaking Muscle:
As the clip of his feat exhibits, Johnson’s pleasure was palpable. The second he efficiently accomplished his lockout, a beaming smile appeared throughout Johnson’s face. After dropping his huge barbell, he proceeded to do a brief dance earlier than dropping to his knees, then exploding in clear elation earlier than standing as much as hug two of the primary individuals he noticed on the lifting platform.
An skilled powerlifter who has competed in some capability since February 2010, Johnson could possibly be thought-about a jack-of-all-trades with regards to lifting set-ups. According to Open Powerlifting, the athlete has participated in sanctioned lifting contests whereas competing uncooked, with wraps, and outfitted at the least as soon as in his 12-plus-year profession — most notably specializing in his uncooked and outfitted exploits.
Here’s an outline of a number of the extra notable outcomes from Johnson’s prolonged profession:
Gregory Johnson | Notable Competitive Results
- 2011 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Panhandle Power Games (College/Raw) — First place | First profession victory
- 2012-2013 USAPL Aggie Showdown (Open/Raw and College/Equipped) — First place
- 2013 IPF Classic World Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Raw) — Third place
- 2014 USAPL Raw Nationals (Juniors/Raw) — First place
- 2015 USAPL Men’s and Women’s Nationals (Open/Equipped) — Second place
- 2016 USAPL Winter Games of Texas (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2017 USAPL thirty fifth Annual Open National Championship (Open/Equipped) — Second place
- 2018 USAPL Texas Strength Classic (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2018 USAPL Open Nationals (Open/Equipped) — First place
- 2021 USAPL Equipped Nationals (Open/Equipped) — Third place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (Open/Equipped) — Sixth place
Here’s a rundown of Johnson’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Gregory Johnson | All-Time Equipped Competition Bests
- Squat — 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos)
- Bench Press — 225 kilograms (496 kilos)
- Deadlift — 372.5 kilograms (821.2 kilos)
- Total — 947.5 kilograms (2,088.8 kilos)
More from Breaking Muscle:
Johnson’s report pull could be considered one of many stellar achievements and moments of unfiltered pleasure from the 2022 Equipped Worlds. The competitors will formally finish on Nov. 20, 2022.
Featured picture: maroonroo on Instagram