On September 12, 2022, American powerlifter John Haack shared Instagram footage the place he captured a uncooked 275-kilogram (606.3-pound) bench press throughout a coaching session. Per the caption of his publish, the profitable bench press rep is a brand new private document (PR) for Haack.
[Related: How to Do the Incline Bench Press for Upper-Body Size and Strength]
According to Open Powerlifting, Haack’s new bench press mark unofficially exceeds his all-time uncooked competitors greatest by 7.5 kilograms (16.6 kilos). That determine of 267.4 kilograms (589.7 kilos) from the 2022 World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Pro is the present all-time World Record within the 90-kilogram division.
Haack’s show of power conveniently comes at a time when he’ll quickly have the chance to increase his World Record. The powerlifter is making ready for the upcoming United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Pro Raw. That competitors will happen on Sept. 24, 2022, on the Brave Enough CrossFit Gym in North Kansas City, MO.
In addition to his staggering bench press document, Haack additionally possesses the all-time World Record deadlift and complete within the 90-kilogram class. Here’s an outline of the athlete’s high all-time uncooked competitors bests:
John Haack (90KG) | All-Time Raw Competition Bests
- Squat — 345 kilograms (760.6 kilos)
- Bench Press — 267.4 kilograms (589.7 kilos) | All-Time World Record
- Deadlift — 410 kilograms (903.9 kilos) | All-Time World Record
- Total — 1,022 kilograms (2,254.2 kilos) | All-Time World Record
[Related: How to Do the Triceps Kickback for Arm Size]
Throughout his profession, Haack has established a excessive customary of excellence. Of 25 powerlifting contests to his identify, a few of which he competed in each the Open and Junior divisions, Haack has received on 21 events and certified for the rostrum 24 occasions. When he competes on the USPA Pro, Haack will attempt to lengthen his profitable streak to 4 competitions courting again to September 2021.
Here’s a rundown of notable outcomes from Haack’s profession:
John Haack | Notable Career Results
- 2013 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Badger Open (Open/Raw) — First Place | First profession victory
- 2015-2016 USAPL Raw Nationals (Open/Junior/Raw) — First place
- 2017 WRPF Boss of Bosses 4 (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2018-2019 USPA The Tribute (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2020 USPA Metroflex Powermania (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2020 WRPF The Showdown (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Hybrid Showdown III (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open (Open/Raw) — Second place
- 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 WRPF American Pro (Open/Raw) — First place
[Related: The Best Landmine Workouts for More Muscle and Better Conditioning]
Haack doesn’t have a lot to show as a powerlifting celebrity with just a few World Records underneath his belt. One of one of the best issues he may do is to proceed constructing a legendary resume by attaining even loftier information.
Featured picture: @bilbo_swaggins181 on Instagram