As the proprietor of the bench press, deadlift, and whole World Records within the 90-kilogram weight class, John Haack is considered one of powerlifting’s largest energetic superstars. If his newest feat of power says something, the highly effective athlete may quickly possess yet one more document.
On July 17, 2022, over his Instagram, Haack shared footage of himself squatting 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) uncooked for a brand new private document (PR) throughout a coaching session. Haack’s present all-time uncooked competitors finest is a 339.9-kilogram (749.5-pound) squat from the 2021 World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) The Bucked Up Showdown.
[Related: The Best Leg Workouts With Bodyweight, With Dumbbells, For Size, And More]
What could be much more noteworthy about Haack’s new PR is the distinctive place it places him in. Haack’s PR matches Amit Sapir’s all-time uncooked squat World Record of 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos) within the 90-kilogram weight class. Sapir achieved the official determine on the 2015 Canadian Powerlifting League (CPL) Vancouver PRO-AM Expo.
According to the caption of Haack’s Instagram put up, he figures to take this squat PR to the 2022 WRPF American Pro. That contest will happen in Manassas, VA, on July 29-30, 2022. If Haack even perhaps betters his PR, he could be the proprietor of every of the squat, bench press, deadlift, and whole World Records within the 90-kilogram division.
Haack’s most up-to-date contest, the 2022 United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Hybrid Showdown 4, noticed him compete within the 100-kilogram weight class. However, as his Instagram put up reads, Haack has diminished his weight again to the 90-kilogram class. Haack has competed within the 90-kilogram division in 5 contests since January 2020.
Here are Haack’s all-time uncooked competitors bests as a 90-kilogram competitor all through his profession:
John Haack (90KG) | All-Time Raw Competition Bests
- Squat — 339.9 kilograms (749.5 kilos)
- Bench Press — 263 kilograms (579.8 kilos) | All-Time World Record
- Deadlift — 402.5 kilograms (887.3 kilos) | All-Time World Record
- Total — 1,005 kilograms (2,216.7 kilos) | All-Time World Record
In a efficiency that was seemingly considered one of his profession highlights, Haack achieved every of his bench press, deadlift, and whole information on the 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown. At the time of this writing, Haack is the one 90-kilogram powerlifter to notch no less than a 1,000-kilogram whole.
Here are a number of the extra notable outcomes from Haack’s profession, who has received 10 of 11 official contests since August 2018:
John Haack | Notable Career Results
- 2013 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Badger Open (Raw) — First place | Open | 83KG | First profession victory
- 2015-2016 USAPL Raw Nationals (Raw) — First place | Open/Junior | 83KG
- 2016 International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Championships (Raw) — First place | Open | 83KG
- 2018-2019 USPA The Tribute (Raw) — First place | Open | 83KG
- 2020 WRPF The Showdown (Raw) — First place | Open | 90KG
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Raw) — First place | Open | 100KG
[Related: The Best Sled Workouts For Muscle, Strength, Fat Loss, And Recovery]
Haack is already one of many extra embellished powerlifters because it stands. Owning three World Records would set up such a popularity. By the top of July 2022, he may add one other distinctive accomplishment to his ledger.
Featured picture: @bilbo_swaggins181 on Instagram