On August 28, 2022, powerlifter Julia Mills set the All-Time UK Record for Women at 612.5 kilograms (1,350.3 kilos) within the Raw With Wraps division. Mills achieved this file on the 2022 Irish Pro Invitational, the place she took house the general win for the ladies. The contest passed off on the Southside Barbell Gym in Limerick, Ireland.
At the time of this writing, Mills’ aggressive physique weight was unclear. Based on her weight from her most up-to-date contest on the British Powerlifting Union (BPU) British Powerlifting Championships in early July, Mills might have competed within the 82.5-kilogram weight class.
Here’s a rundown of Mills’ prime stats from the Irish Pro Invitational:
Julia Mills | 2022 Irish Pro Invitational
- Squat — 240 kilograms (529.1 kilos)
- Bench Press — 145 kilograms (319.7 kilos)
- Deadlift — 227.5 kilograms (501.5 kilos)
- Total — 612.5 kilograms (1,350.3 kilos) — All-Time UK Women’s Record
[Related: The Best Landmine Workouts for More Muscle and Better Conditioning]
In the caption of Mills’ Instagram put up, the place she shares her efficiency, Mills expressed gratitude towards Shane Brodie — the organizer of the Irish Pro Invitational — staff who helped in the course of the occasion, her different friends, and famous a particular level about equality between the boys’s and girls’s athletes.
“Brilliant atmosphere huge thanks to [Shane Brodie] for running such a fabulous event,” Mills wrote. “A huge step forward for women’s strength sports that the women’s prize money equaled the male prize. Just amazing to see.”
Note: At the time of this text’s publication, it’s unclear what the prize cash was for the 2022 Irish Pro Invitational.
Mills at a Glance
Mills has been powerlifting competitively since her November 2018 debut in the course of the BPU North East Qualifiers. According to Open Powerlifting, the athlete has by no means misplaced a powerlifting competitors and has now received 10 straight contests.
Here’s an summary of Mills’ whole powerlifting profession so far:
Julia Mills | Complete Powerlifting Career Results
- 2018 BPU North East Qualifiers (Wraps) — First place
- 2019 BPU British Championship at BodyPower (Wraps) — First place
- 2019 BPU NorthEast Qualifier (Wraps) — First place
- 2019 World Powerlifter Congress (WPC) World Championships (Wraps) — First place
- 2020 Global Powerlifting Committee (GPC) Great Britain Tattooed and Strong (Raw) — First place
- 2020 GPC European Championships (Wraps) — First place
- 2021 BPU British Championships (Wraps) — First place
- 2022 GPC-Great Britain Tattooed and Strong (Raw) — First place
- 2022 BPU British Powerlifting Championships (Multi) — First place
- 2022 Irish Pro Invitational (Raw w/wraps) — First place
[Related: The Best Sled Workouts for Muscle, Strength, Fat Loss, and Recovery]
Per her social media, the following merchandise on Mills’ aggressive agenda is the 2022 Official Strongman Games. She obtained her invitation after efficiently making it by way of the net qualifiers. That contest will happen on November 11-13 in Daytona Beach, FL. It might be Mills’ third strongwoman look after taking part within the 2021 UK’s Strongest Woman and the 2019 Master’s World’s Strongest Woman, in accordance with Strongman Archives.
From an Axle Press to a Circus Dumbbell, Mills can count on a difficult set of occasions in Daytona Beach. However, if she will be able to begin to switch a few of her powerlifter success to strongwoman, Mills would possibly quickly grow to be one of many extra versatile and completed girls’s energy sports activities athletes.
Featured picture: @juliamillsstrengthcoach on Instagram