Squatting 400-plus-kilograms isn’t new territory for Phillip Herndon. But two months out from his subsequent competitors, on May 9, 2022, the powerlifter posted a 410-kilogram (904-pound) squat in coaching, punctuating power features that very nicely might pattern towards a brand new world report.
For context, Herndon already owns the all-time heaviest squat of 435 kilograms (959 kilos) within the 110-kilogram weight class. He didn’t disclose his weight for the raise, however Herndon has constantly competed at 110 kilograms as knowledgeable lately.
Check out the squat beneath, courtesy of Herndon’s Instagram profile:
[Related: Powerlifter Tiffany Chapon Squats 166 Kilograms (366 Pounds), Exceeds IPF World Record Again]
Herndon’s highly effective squat whereas sporting wraps seems to be part of ongoing coaching for his subsequent competitors. As he notes in his Instagram publish, the powerlifter will take part within the 2022 World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Pro this late July.
If hefty squats comparable to this are what Herndon brings to the desk, then he is likely to be in nice form for the meet.
Herndon at a Glance
At 26-years-old, Herndon is technically smack dab within the prime of his profession. There are loads of potential achievements nonetheless on the horizon if he pursues them accordingly. That mentioned, Herndon has been a aggressive powerlifter, in some capability, for practically a decade. The American athlete started his profession in Junior meets in his native Pennsylvania in 2013 and has hit the bottom working ever since.
Notably, Herndon set the present squat with wraps all-time world report on the 2022 United States Powerlifting Coalition (USPC) Mid-Atlantic Classic in early April. His mark bested Daniel Misencik (110KG), who squatted 432.5 kilograms (953.5 kilos) on the 2022 WRPF Ghost Clash this previous February — who additionally beforehand topped Herndon’s outdated high determine.
Here’s a rundown of a number of the extra notable current outcomes from Herndon’s profession:
Phillip Herndon | Notable Career Results
- 2018 International Powerlifting League (IPL) Philadelphia Fit Expo (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2018 United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Iron City Pro/Am (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2018 USPA Yuletide Slay Full-Power Classic (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2019 WRPF Kern US Open (Wraps) — Third place | Open
- 2019 USPA The Tribute (Wraps) — Second place | Open
- 2019 Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate (RPS) Raw Dawg Nationals 8 (Wraps) — First place | Pro Open
- 2019 International Powerlifting Association (IPA) National Powerlifting & Bench Press Championships (Wraps) — First place | Pro Open
- 2020 USPA Pioneer Open (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2020 Metal Militia (MM) National Championships (Wraps) — First place | Pro Open
- 2020 USPC Virginia State Championships (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2021 RPS NJ and North American Championships (Wraps) — First place | Pro Open
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open (Wraps) — First place | Open
- 2021 USPA Pennsylvania State Championship (Raw) — First place | Open
- 2022 USPC Mid-Atlantic Classic (Wraps) — First place | Open
[Related: Learn How To Build Strength With Three Key Principles]
The American Pro is Next
Herndon will enter his subsequent competitors on a present streak of 9 straight wins. At the identical time, given his current coaching focus, it’s not a stretch to imagine he may also attempt to lengthen his squat with wraps report.
The 2022 WRPF American Pro will happen on July 29-30, 2022, in Manassas, VA.
Featured picture: @phillip_herndon on Instagram