France is legendary for scrumptious wine, beautiful superb artwork and museums, and, in fact — prolific powerlifters. On May 14-16 on the 2022 Fédération Française de Force (FFForce) Nationals, Samantha Eugenie (63KG) confirmed she may be a part of the esteemed firm of her fellow countrywomen Prescillia Bavoil and Tiffany Chapon.
During the meet, Eugenie captured 4 separate Junior National Records with a 182.5-kilogram (402.5-pound) squat, a 102.5-kilogram (226-pound) bench press, a 215-kilogram (474-pound) deadlift, and a 500-kilogram (1,102.5-pound) whole. The French athlete wore a lifting belt and wrist wraps for her squat, and simply wrist wraps and a belt for her bench press and deadlift, respectively.
[Related: Powerlifter Nicolaas Du Preez (125KG) Logs 1037.5-Kilogram (2,287.3-Pound) Total For New PR]
While unofficial as a result of it didn’t happen throughout a world competitors, Eugenie additionally exceeded the lively International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Junior World Record along with her deadlift by 5 kilos. Chiara Bernardi nonetheless holds the present determine with a 210-kilogram (463-pound) deadlift from the 2021 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships.
“Wow, I’m so happy, competition PR plus 50 kilograms. Hard work paid off.”
Here’s a whole rundown of every of Eugenie’s stats from the meet:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG) | 2022 FFForce Nationals Lift Stats
- Squat — 182.5 kilograms (402.5 kilos) | French Junior National Record
- Bench Press — 102.5 kilograms (226 kilos) | French Junior National Record
- Deadlift — 215 kilograms (474 kilos) | French Junior National Record | Unofficial IPF Junior World Record
- Total — 500 kilograms (1,102.5 kilos) | French Junior National Record
The general efficiency marks Eugenie’s first time totaling at the very least 500 kilograms (1,102.3 kilos) in a full energy meet. That follows her latest coaching output the place she truly matched Bernardi’s Junior World Record deadlift in early May 2022. Eugenie additionally beforehand attained that deadlift mark in a February 2020 coaching session, when she was solely 17-years-old. All that is perhaps left for Eugenie to do now’s to make the brand new report official on a world lifting platform.
Since starting her profession in late 2018, Eugenie has constructed fairly a resume as a aggressive powerlifter. Amid 9 sanctioned meets, Eugenie has are available in first place seven instances, with one other second-place end.
According to Open Powerlifting, listed here are a few of Eugenie’s extra notable profession outcomes:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG)| Notable Career Results
- *2018 FFForce Premier Pas FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Classic
- 2018 FFForce Départemental FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Classic
- 2019 FFForce Eliminatoires Jean Villenave Grand Est (Open) — First place | Classic
- 2019 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Classic
- 2019 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Classic Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Classic
- 2021 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes et Élite de Force Athlétique (Juniors) — First place | Classic
- 2022 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes de Force Athlétique (Juniors) — First place | Classic
*Note: Eugenie competed within the 76-kilogram weight class throughout this competitors
In essence, along with her laborious work and dedication at a younger age, it appears this kind of dominant output was nearly inevitable.
[Related: Powerlifter Agata Sitko (84KG) Breaks Equipped Multiple World Records, Wins European Junior Championships]
On the Horizon
Eugenie’s doubtlessly excellent summer time isn’t over. She will compete on the IPF Junior World Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Sun City, South Africa. She will doubtless be a prime contender to take residence the Juniors title for the 63-kilogram weight class. If her latest efficiency on the French Nationals hints at any future greatness, that may very well be a protected guess.
Featured picture: @coeurlymonster on Instagram