A squat feat match for a longtime title in powerlifting.
Some powerlifters seemingly have an amazing ardour and vitality for displaying their power underneath an enormous highlight. German athlete Sonja Stefanie Krüger is likely to be one among them. Krüger is simply 22 years previous, however has already had over 60 aggressive powerlifting appearances since her debut in June 2014. Krüger’s newest stellar efficiency is a one more instance of top-level lifting.
During the 2022 IPF Equipped World Championships on Nov. 16, 2022, in Viborg, Denmark, Krüger efficiently locked out an outfitted World Record squat of 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) within the 76-kilogram weight class. (Note: At the time of this text’s publication, the competitors continues to be underway, making it unclear the place Krüger has completed in her class.)
More from Breaking Muscle:
The video of Krüger’s astonishing squat isn’t solely noteworthy for its showcase of dynamic leg power on a global lifting platform. As quickly as Krüger completed her rep, she stepped away from her loaded barbell, clearly overjoyed as she proceeded to leap round in place in pleasure.
Somewhat in contrast to different rivals on the 2022 IPF Equipped Worlds, a look at Krüger’s resume on Open Powerlifting will denote she primarily competes whereas outfitted. Of these talked about 60-plus aggressive appearances, Krüger wasn’t outfitted in simply 18 of them.
Here’s an summary of a number of the extra notable outcomes from Krüger’s official powerlifting ledger:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Notable Career Results
- 2014 Bundesverband Deutscher Kraftdreikämpfer (BVDK) Hessiche Meisterschaft im Kreuzheben (Youth/Raw) — First place | First profession victory
- 2014 Global Powerlifting Committee (GPC) World Championships (Youth/Wraps) — First place
- 2015-2016, 2018-2019 IPF World Bench Press Championships (Sub-Juniors/Equipped; Juniors/Equipped) — First place
- 2015-2016 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Raw) — First place
- 2016 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Classic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Raw) — First place
- 2019 EPF European Equipped Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Equipped) — First place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (Open/Equipped) — Second place
- 2022 EPF Equipped European Powerlifting Championships (Open/Equipped) — First place
Krüger isn’t any stranger to report lifts. The athlete is now the outfitted IPF squat World Record holder within the 69-kilogram (260 kilograms/573.2 kilos), 76-kilogram (280.5 kilograms/618.4 kilos), and 84-kilogram (275 kilograms/507 kilos) divisions. She additionally possesses the outfitted IPF World Record bench press (182.5 kilograms/402.3 kilos) within the 69-kilogram division, which doubles because the outfitted Single Bench Press IPF World Record.
Here’s a rundown of Krüger’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Equipped All-Time Competition Bests
- Squat — 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) | IPF World Record
- Bench Press — 210 kilograms (462.9 kilos)
- Deadlift — 205.5 kilograms (453 kilos)
- Total — 685 kilograms (1,510.1 kilos)
More from Breaking Muscle:
Even because the 2022 IPF Equipped Worlds begin to shut on Nov. 20, 2022, there’s little doubt Krüger’s squat report can be one of many contest’s highlights when all’s mentioned and executed.
Featured picture: theipf on Instagram